Chocolate Orange Brownies
Melt your loved one’s heart with these orange brownies topped with candied orange chocolate bark*.
Happy Valentine’s Day! And Happy Year of the Dog!
*Chocolate bark is a thin sheet of chocolate decorated with dried fruit, nuts or candy.
1 box KP Kitchen Taiwan Chocolate Brownie Mix, with chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, melted or vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons grated orange zest (approx. 1 medium orange)
100 grams dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (in addition to the chocolate chips include with the brownie mix)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
60 grams candied orange slices, cut into bite sized pieces
- HEAT oven to 180⁰C. LINE 9”x9” pan with baking paper.
- MIX oil/butter and eggs in a large bowl, about 30 seconds.
- ADD brownie mix and stir until combined, about 30 seconds.
- ADD chocolate chips with orange peel and mix until combined, about 15 seconds.
- POUR the brownie mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- BAKE for 20-25 minutes until edges start to crisp. Leave to cool.
- LINE a 9×13” baking pan with baking paper.
- MELT chocolate with oil using a double-boiler until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- SPREAD chocolate in a thin later over baking paper and quickly press orange pieces lightly into the chocolate.
- PUT covered pan in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- BREAK hardened chocolate bark into pieces.
- CUT brownies into 8-16 pieces and DECORATE with chocolate bark.
Makes 8-16 pieces.
- Where can I buy Candied Orange Slices?
- Use oil when melting chocolate to thin the melted chocolate and prevent it from drying out. Check out our Baking Tip “How to melt chocolate?” for details.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut brownies and chocolate bark into more decorative shapes. We used a heart-shaped cutter for Valentine’s Day.